Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dork Art: Riddick IMAX Poster + Comic Con Photos


Here is Alex Fuentes's exclusive IMAX poster for the 8PM screening of Riddick on September 5th.  The film's very existence is kind of a movie miracle blessed this world by the sheer willpower of its star, Vin Diesel.  Nearly ten years in the making, the previous film (The Chronicles of Riddick) barely recouped its budget and certainly didn't capture a fanbase with its Dune delusions.  Of course, I personally admired its attempt to reach beyond a Pitch Black rehash, taking its character in a bold new direction even if the end result was a little tepid.  The new film looks to be returning to its monster mash roots, and the first few trailers did not look too promising.

I really had no interest in Riddick before Comic Con this year, but after my front row experience at the Hall H panel, the undeniably charming & sweet Diesel won me over.  As he chatted about how his experience as a Dungeons & Dragons DM crafted his talent as a storyteller, I found myself swooning for the Fast & Furious lug.  At the very least Vin Diesel is passionate about his characters.  He may spend the rest of his life as Riddick and Dominic Torretto, but I think that suits him just fine.  The photos seen below were taken by yours truly on the Friday of the San Diego Comic Con.




--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment