Monday, July 8, 2013

Dork Art: Battle For The Atom!


Matt may disagree on this matter, but I am LOVING Brian Michael Bendis & Stuart Immonen's All-New X-Men; the series is a celebration of all the things I loved about the X-Comics growing up.  Sure, Bendis loves to take his time, and wander his way through comic book storytelling but I love how his fetishizing of characters as well as the emotional torture he puts them through.  Angst.  It's what the X-Men are all about.  Soon Bendis will be spearheading another massive crossover for his merry band of mutants, The Battle of the Atom.  This event will run through All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine & The X-Men, as well as the Battle of the Atom mini-sereis drawn by Frank Cho.  It's so easy to begrudge Marvel and its lackluster sagas (Age of Ultron, Secret Invasion, Fear Itself were snoozes), but I can't help but get giddy over this one.  It harkens to those whacky days of X-Cutioner's Song and the height of my X-Love.  And with Frank Cho bringing those retro cool covers from Savage Wolverine to the party?  I am down.


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment