Monday, June 17, 2013

"It's a wazy, it's a woozy" - Leonardo Hates OJ, Hugs Monkeys, & Tosses Midgets in The Wolf of Wall Street Trailer


Part of me sees The Wolf Of Wall Street as another Rich Assholes Being Rich Assholes movie.  Another part of me sees Leonardo DiCaprio fisting his chest & humming in unison with Matthew McConaughey...and I get a little giddy.  Martin Scorsese & Leonardo DiCaprio have made one Great Film in The Aviator, one solid crime epic in The Departed, a near masterpiece of paranoia in Shutter Island, and a fabulous disaster in Gangs of New York.  There looks to be a lot of odd and painful comedy in The Wolf of Wall Street, and I certainly respond well to its side players of McConaughey, Jay Bernthal, Jonah Hill, as well as the unseen Shea Wingham, Jon Favreau, & Spike Jones.  Let me sit with this trailer a little longer and it might be one of my most anticipated films of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment