Thursday, April 18, 2013

"You're Smelling What I'm Selling!" - R.I.P.D. Trailer At Least Has James Hong...


Slash Film references Men In Black in their trailer post, and I can't help but agree with them - RIPD looks like a big steaming pile of Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones wannabe comedy action.  I really don't like hearing the Rooster Cogburn voice coming out of Jeff Bridges during all this awkward Heavenly Kid banter.  And frankly, I still haven't forgiven Ryan Reynolds for his part in the Green Lantern abomination.  At the very least, RIPD supplies everyone's favorite David Lo Pan (James Hong) with a little work.  I loved his bit part in Safe last year, and maybe he'll get a few moments to shine in this misguided comic book adaptation.  And who knows?  RIPD might reveal itself to be a fun, goofy time out at the movies.  Not holding my breath though.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment