Monday, April 8, 2013

First Image: Captain America - The Winter Soldier


Captain America 2 has begun filming and this is our first glimpse: Chris Evans looking proud in front of some S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem.  As much as I was excited for the original film, the sequel holds almost no excitement for me.  Don't get wrong.  I'll be there opening night and I'm sure I'll get pumped once I see the first trailer.  But right now, all we've got to go on is some production art, this set photo, and the imdb page.  Anthony Mackie as The Falcon.  Man, I can't believe we're gonna get a film co-starring The Falcon.  That is one comic booky character.  Tough sell.  Robert Redford as some G-Man muckity muck.  That guy is the cure for insomnia as far as I'm concerned, but I'm sure he's just this film's Tommy Lee Jones and we won't have to suffer much of his snooze.  The big question is...or are The Russo Brothers, Anthony & Joe, the directors of Welcome to Collinwood and You Me & Dupree.  Yeah.  Not the perfect fit for Cap.  But I'm sure Marvel Studios has no problem keeping their leash on.  The Winter Soldier arc spawned from Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America is bloody fantastic.  Sure, it peters out eventually but those 25 issues leading up to The Death of Captain America are some of the best super hero stories of the last ten years.  I just hope the film can capture a fraction of that gold.


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment