Friday, December 16, 2011

Sam Raimi's Green Goblin Make-Up


In 2001 I was a sophomore in college and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man ruled my summer.  I saw it 11 times over the course of the summer and that sorta boggles my mind. How did that happen?  Not sure.  But I loved, loved, loved that movie at that point in my life.  Now, I can barely watch those films.  I guess they have their moments (well, part 3's got nothing good going for it), but I just can't muster up the energy anymore for that style of superhero film.

What I can tell you is that I hated Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin costume from the second I saw it.  What was the thinking behind this mangafied nonsense?  Well, if you watch the video below you'll see & hear what Sam Raimi might have done with a full make-up concept.  It's not amazing, but it could have been given a little more love.  It definitely would have looked better than what we got.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment